Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: October 22, 2019
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services as described below. Any questions or comments regarding this SLA or the services that ITA provides should be sent to DataServices@trade.gov.
A full listing of the endpoints provided as part of this service can be found on our Developer Portal.
ITA’s API platform supports 99.5% uptime.
ITA will periodically schedule downtime to perform scheduled maintenance. When an outage must be scheduled, subscribers will be notified via our email subscription service and through notices on the ITA API website, otherwise known as the Developer Portal.
To increase the stability of our API platform, ITA has instituted throttling levels on our APIs. Subscribers may find the individual throttling levels on the documentation pages of the specific APIs.
Several APIs found on this service do not interact directly with the system source of record, such as the Consolidated Screening List and De Minimis. These APIs rely on the source data provided by the source agency publishing the content. Upon notification of inaccuracies, ITA will contact the source data owner to obtain updated information. The service commitment does not apply to content discrepancies related to content that ITA does not own or control.
Terms of Service - the Terms of Service agreement that you accept when requesting an ITA API key.
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Exclusions
The service commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of an ITA API key or any other performance issues:
- that result from a violation of the Terms of Service,
- that occur during periods of Scheduled Maintenance,
- that result solely from errors or excessive latency of subscriber or third-party application or systems not within the reasonable control of ITA,
- that result solely from subscriber’s or third-party hardware, software, or services (for example, third-party services deployed) not within the reasonable control of ITA,
- that are caused by factors outside of ITA’s reasonable control, including AWS outages, or
- result solely from errors in subscriber’s code.
This SLA, and all claims or causes of action (whether in contract, tort or statute) that may be based upon, arise out of or relate to this SLA, or the negotiation, execution or performance of this SLA (including any claim or cause of action based upon, arising out of or related to any representation or warranty made in or in connection with this SLA or as an inducement to enter into this SLA), shall be exclusively governed by, and enforced in accordance with, federal law, including its statutes of limitations.
ITA may make changes to this SLA at any time.